Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Biking with a Friend


 Hi,
Biking...I miss biking.  I remember biking with a friend for time to time when I used to live in the "sticks".  Not too much worry about cars driving by so you could ride side-by-side and talk all the way.  It wasn't for exercise (which it should have been) it was for talking about everything and anything...getting it all out.  That is why I picked that sentiment...that's how it was.  Although we live too far apart to ride bikes, we chat often on Facebook and when we do see each other it is like we were never apart.

The bicycle stamp is from Club Scrap and the sentiment is an Inkadinkado stamp.  I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Aged Mahogany (bike), Pumice Stone (path), Chipped Sapphire (sentiment), and Stormy Sky (sky).  I used my Ranger Ink Blending Tool to color the sky with Stormy Sky and the path with Pumice Stone Distress Ink.   It is layered it on top of Aged Mahogany Core'dinations and confetti cardstock.

I am entering this card in some challenges:


Cas-ual Friday Stamps Challenge  #106-Over the Edge

Pattie's Creation Design Challenge-#70-Summertime Fun

Simon Says Stamp Challenge-Anything Goes

3 comments:

  1. Great story and beautiful sentiment! Cards that hold a special meaning are the best! Thanks so much for joining us in the Pattie's Creations Summertime Fun Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card, I have always liked this saying. We use to ride our bikes all over. Sometimes we use to ride to the next town to go to the beach, and be sunburnt by the time we got there.
    Vicky Briggs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, what a beautiful sentiment!! I adore that bicycle stamp, please don't tempt me to go look at Club Scrap again! hehe! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete