Saturday, June 29, 2013

Jareth the Goblin King--Labyrinth


Hi!
I'm back with another digital stamp from Octopode Factory.  It is Jareth the Goblin King from Labyrinth who was played by David Bowie.  It came out in 1986 and is a great movie everyone should see.  I made this card for my daughter's birthday (Shh...don't tell) because the movie was one of our family favorites when she and her brother were growing up.  We bought the Labyrinth VHS as soon as it came out.  She and her brother love it so much they went to see it in the theater, last month is Milwaukee.  We each own the DVD, but of course it is better on the big screen!  David Bowie has Anisocoria which is a difference in the size of pupils and is shown in the digital stamp.

The background is dry watercolor paper distressed using Wild Honey, Vintage Photo, and Mustard Seed Distress Ink and the Ranger Ink Blending Tool  After I got it how I liked it, I then sprinkled water on it.  My printer is still not printing so I stamped out the sentiment in Wild Honey using Delightful Alphabet stamps from Close To My Heart.

Jareth's coat was covered with Mystic Green Stickles since his coat is supposed to be sparkly.  I cut out his eyes and white shirt again and placed them over the originals.  You can see it in his shirt in the close-up photo.


I am entering the following contests:

Red Carpet Studio-#42-Going Digital

Clear It Out Challenge-#18-Paper Piecing and Scrap Paper


Outlawz Challenge-Paper a la Mode-Mythical Characters

Moxie Fab-Tuesday Trigger -Scene in Tangerine  These colors were perfect to use in my card.  The green of his coat, the yellow of his hair, the tangerine shades in the background.

4 comments:

  1. very interesting card Karen. Thanks for joining us at Red Carpet Studio
    ~ Dawn CDT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love stickles!! Thanks for joining us at the Clear it Out Challenge Blog, best of luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one of my favorite movies too! Your card is awesome Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Karen! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete