Saturday, June 14, 2014

Starting Me Out on the Right Foot!

Hi, it's me again!




Today I made a Father's Day Card using Crackerbox Palace Stamps.  Happy Feet-Lg. was cut out to separate it from the frame.  Since the image is Retro, I used DP that carried that same feel.  The free font I used is a Retro Style font called Keep On Truckin'  The burlap I used was rubbed Glossy Accents around the edge to prevent it from unraveling.   An arrow from Close to My Heart covered with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

If you've never heard of Keep on Truckin' or underground comics, you didn't live in the late 60's/early 70's.  Therefore I've attached the original logo along with an explanation of the origin of Keep On Truckin'

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Penny Black and More June Challenge - Use Your Favorite Stamp 6/29

Tuesday Morning Sketches #253  6/16
Artistic Inspirations #95-All about Dad 6/16
Make My Monday Challenge-Male Themed 6/15
Ike's World Challenges-#19:Monochrome 6/24
Sweet Stamps Challenge-#173 For Dad   6/17
Eclectic Ellpau Challenge: Card for a Man  6/29
Frilly and Funkie Challenge~For All Our Fathers 6/17  Can Retro be Vintage?
Hobby Cutz Challenge #51 - Father's Day/Masculine  6/14
Scribble and Scrap Challenge# 20   6/20
ePlay Challenge~Fabric 6/29




16 comments:

  1. I remember "keep on truckin' "!! [ I was very young at the time!! ;) ] This is such a fun card! I love the 70ish DP!!
    Thanks so much for playing along with our masculine challenge this week at TMS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great fun masculine card love the feet image and great sentiment,great retro B.paper and love the burlap texture thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I was totally picturing the Keep on Truckin' graphic as soon as you said what the font was. Ack, old. :D I love this retro card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Image is so fun and love the retro colours and print. Thank you for joining Artistic Inspirations, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the great DP you have used on your card!

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Ike’s world challenge. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great sentiment and I love the combo of the retro paper with the burlap. Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday. Marina DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH EM GEE I love it!!! The burlap, the fun retro papers....totally perfect. I'm going to feature it on the TMS FB page today - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tuesday-Morning-Sketches/165327566909261?ref=hl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the burlap and the feet make me chuckle.. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the sense of humour in this one and the mix of textures. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great project! Love the colors. Thank you for playing at Scribble and Scrap. We hope to see you next time. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Once again while I love this quirky card and we're happy that you joined us over at Ike's Art, I'm afraid that it doesn't qualify for a prize or top three. Ike always has a freebie available for joining in so I really hope that you will consider joining us again in a future challenge.

    Lisa D., IWC DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha Ha! What an adorably quirky stamp. Love the card. Thanks for playing along over at eP.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great fun card I bet your dad loved it. Great way to add texture with that burlap and love the embossed arrow too I remember Keep on truck in' it was very popular when I was at college, we used to say the phrase a lot too, I think it's still pretty relevant ! Thankyou for joining us for the ePlay challenge

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous creation, great card.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more Challenge;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooo what a great fun image and thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete